1. Money can never buy fulfillment and engagement.
2. You will always find horrible bosses and co-workers. But you need not be a horrible version of you to survive. Bombard them instead with kindness and empathy, no matter how difficult, and it will surely pay off in the long run.
3. Look at how you spend your time. Do you have time left for what’s important? Or better yet, carve out time for the most important relationships in your life. Work commitments should always come after.
4. Do not treat work as your whole life. It isn’t. Neither should your self-worth be anchored on what you do. Rather, we should give importance to who we are with what we do. Character over position.
5. Stay true to your core. Politics is real. But authenticity will always take precedence over politicking if you work hard enough to overcome the challenges.
6. Do not apple pick what you received from your previous companies. Let go. There’s a reason why you left in the first place. Appreciate the promise of the future.
7. Do not be too in love with yourself and what you’ve achieved – everything came from God. Your skills, talents and abilities. Everything.
8. Stay humble. Or learn to humble yourself again and again no matter how far up the ladder you are.
9. Restrain yourself from working purely for money. Wealth can be taken away in the blink of an eye. But who you are inside will remain with you forever.
10. Find your contribution and do it with all your heart.